• Banner 1

    Course History

In 1937, George and Abraham Detwiler Estate donated 311 acres of land to the City of Toledo to be used as park land. Originally the land was inhabited by the Ottawa and Pottawatamis Indian tribes until 1835 when it was purchased from the Indians and incorporated into the village of Manhattan in 1872. In 1969, local golf course architect Arthur Hills was chosen to design the first public golf course in the Toledo area in nearly 50 years. The course was dedicated in 1971. Detwiler Park Golf Course is a modern day layout on 177 rolling acres with four sets of tees, beautiful mature trees and large plush greens. Its location along the Maumee Bay and adjacent to Point Place lighthouse give the property a distinct lakeside feel. The Championship character of Detwiler soon made it a favorite venue for golf organizations like Toledo Metro Golf Association which uses the course for the annual Toledo Amateur Championship since 1971.

Close